The sooner your freelancers get the knack of sending you payment requests via Smartcat, the less cluttered your To Do list will become. Jobs will be automatically created in your Payments section and you will never have to churn them out manually.
The detailed information on how a freelancer issues a payment request can be found here. Just forward this link to your freelancer and ask them to follow the instructions. Upon receiving a payment request, complete the steps below:
- First, sign up for Smartcat. To do this, click on the Pay button in the email sent to you.
- Click on the link to open your corporate account. If you have a few accounts, you will be prompted to choose the one where you would like the job to be created.
- After choosing the suitable account, you will access the Payment Section. Here you can see the tasks completed by the freelancer and ready to go. Keep in mind that jobs are sorted by completion date. Hence, the requested job may appear in the middle of the list.
- To pay for the work done by the freelancer, you need to create an invoice. To do this, select all the relevant tasks and click Create an invoice and pay. You can pay the invoice in the currency of your choice.
- Use the Invoices tab to pay the invoice. You can do it immediately when you are creating it or at a later time. Clear invoices conveniently via credit card, PayPal or by bank transfer.
How much is it?
Smartcat charges clients in accordance with their current account settings. You will see the total cost with the fee already included.
Why paying translators through Smartcat is convenient
- You can pay all your translators in one click in your preferred currency. All transactions are processed automatically. This allows you to pay for the work of any translator living anywhere in the world.
- You can pay via bank card or as a cashless payment.
- You do not need to memorize the translator’s payment details. The freelancer chooses a convenient method to receive the payment.