The Salsify integration lets you connect Smartcat to your PIM account and automate the translation of your product descriptions.
1. Setting up the integration
1. Log into Smartcat, click Create project, and select the Set up an integration option.
Select the Salsify integration tile.
2. Log into Salsify and copy your Organization ID from the URL.
3. Navigate to My Profile → API Access and click the Show API Key button. Save the API token.
4. Go back to Smartcat and paste the collected parameters into the corresponding fields and click Set workflow. Choose the source and target languages*, and a workflow – the steps to translate your content.
*Please, note that the available languages are taken from your Salsify account. If you want other languages, please enable them in Salsify first.
5. Choose the products you want to translate and their properties. To filter products, select a product property and one or more of its values. If there are several values, separate them with a comma.
6. Click Create integration.
You’ll be taken to the Import Translations page. Smartcat finds pre-existing translations of source articles, so you can review them by clicking the download button. A report will open on a separate page.
7. To import a translation, check the relevant checkbox and click Import. To pull the source content only, just skip this step.
If the integration is created successfully, a Smartcat project will be created showing successful synchronization cycles.
2. Translation process
1. Go to the Files tab in Smartcat. Each file corresponds to a Salsify product. You can now translate the files yourself, assign them to internal linguists or find a professional from the Smartcat Marketplace.
2. To push the translations back to Salsify, go to Integrations → Settings, and enable the Push translations back option.
3. Click Sync now. When the synchronization is complete, the translated files will appear as Salsify product descriptions in the target language.
4. You can set automatic synchronization cycles by selecting a frequency option in the drop-down menu.