Based on an analysis of our users’ preferences we made the decision to completely switch to a new project creation flow, featuring a completely revamped wizard.
New flow key features
- Enhanced project creation wizard where you can translate a file (for simple translation), create a custom project, or set up an integration.
- Preset and custom workflow templates to make sure you have every stage of your project covered.
- The Overview tab that helps you estimate the project progress, check task statuses, hire preselected translators, or opt for automated management.
- The Tasks tab which allows you to manage multistage or multilingual projects and control deadlines with ease by splitting tasks between different translators.
- Recommendation and prompts that help you quickly find the best translators in the Smartcat Marketplace and invite them to your team.
The other tabs such as Settings, Statistics, Quotes, Team, Linguistic assets, and Pretranslation will still be available for all users.
Why we are switching
The new flow provides a quicker and easier way to create and customize projects, and it aligns perfectly with our new interface. However, the real clincher was the fact that it is an absolute favorite among our users.
Learn more about creating projects in Smartcat:
- Entering project data. First, fill in basic information about your project, such as name, deadline, department, etc. Though the required actions seem simplistic, this thoughtful approach can help you systematize your translations and streamline workspace navigation.
- Selecting project workflow. Next you should specify the steps of your project fulfillment, whether you need automated translation only, or plan to edit/proofread the texts afterwards. Smartcat offers a variety of template-based flows, but you can always build your own flow and use it as a template in future.
- Adjusting pretranslation rules. Third come pre-translation settings that allow you to add translation memories and glossaries to the project and specify how Smartcat should treat their matches.
- Uploading project files. Fourth is uploading files that can have different parsing settings depending on the format.
- Customizing project settings. Then you can add a quality assurance check that will let you get professional evaluation of your internal or external translators’ work.
Assigning tasks. And last but not least, start assigning tasks to your teammates and freelancers working on the project right away.