Selecting the workflow is a crucial step in creating a custom project. The workflow specifies how many stages your project has and what parties are involved.
There are four preset workflow templates in Smartcat.
- Automatic translation -> Post editing. The most popular flow that lets you save time and money by combining AI translation and human skill. The files you’ll upload will first be translated by one of the Smartcat machine translation engines. Then you’ll get an opportunity to polish the results yourself, ask your teammates for help, or hire a professional linguist from the Smartcat Marketplace.
- Translation. This flow lets you skip automated translation and fully rely on human expertise be it your teammate or a third-party translator. This flow comes in handy when you want to use Smartcat as a hub for your projects and reserve the opportunity for adding extra steps.
- Translation -> Editing. Another flow that involves human professionals only. Opt for it if you enjoy using Smartcat to track all your project revisions.
- Translation -> Editing -> Proofreading. ast but not the least, the flow that doesn’t include automated translation. This one fits best for content that requires both proofreading and editing to ensure the highest quality.
Apart from using predefined templates you can create your own.
1. Click Add custom template in the project creation wizard. Alternatively, you can tick the Custom box.
2. Enter the template name and select the workflow stages from the drop down menu. Add the template description if needed.
3. Click Add template.
Select the template from the carousel menu on the project creation wizard.
4. Proceed to adjusting project pretranslation rules.