Smartcat provides Corporate customers with the ability to manage their users via their company’s Single Sign-On (SSO) provider. SSO is an authentication process that allows users to log in to multiple applications and services with a single set of credentials, irrespective of the platform, technology, or domain used. The advantages of SSO are manifold, the most valuable being:
- Secure handling of multiple accounts and related user data
- Improved security capabilities, especially if combined with multi-factor authentication
- Streamlined user experience: the elimination of repeated logins increases employee satisfaction and productivity
- Ability to ensure that corporate compliance rules are being followed
Smartcat supports four major authentication systems: ADFS, Azure AD, Okta, and DUO. If your company uses one of these systems, please provide the following information to our support team and we will configure your SSO connection:
- The name and software version of your SSO technology or provider, including software versions. For example: Azure AD or ADFS 4.0 on MS server 2016.
- The public URL of your OAuth 2.0 or the ADFS server endpoint. Indicate also clientId and clientSecret, if applicable.
- What Web domain should email addresses originate from, so that they are redirected to your SSO provider.
In our turn, we will provide callback URLs to be added on your server/provider side to return Smartcat requests.
When SSO is configured and connected, users from the specified Web domain will be immediately redirected to your login URL instead of accessing the Smartcat login form.