Many companies find it challenging or even impossible to make payments to individuals, especially across the border. Smartcat fixes this problem.
Making and receiving payments in Smartcat has many benefits both for you and your clients.
- You can receive payments using your preferred method. Your client pays using their preferred method as well — the same way as if they were working with a corporate vendor.
- You won’t face any exchange control problems receiving money from foreign clients — the payment is credited right to your bank card or using any other method of choice.
- Both you and your clients save time and money.
All you have to do is request the payment following our step-by-step instructions below.
1. Click on My payouts in the left menu and then on request payment in the top right-hand corner (just under Quick tips).
2. Enter the necessary details in the request payment form including the client’s email address, the job description, the rate, quantity, and unit type. You can also edit the message for your client if you want. Check that all details are correct before sending the request.
3. Your request will be sent to your client via email and all they have to do is click on a link to make the payment. Once the payment is made, the funds will be credited to your Smartcat balance and automatically sent to you via your preferred payout method.
So far so good, but how much does it cost?
Your client will pay from 2 to 8% on top of the requested payment and will see the total cost with the fee already included. The percentage depends on the client's location. A newly signed-up client doesn't reimburse the Smartcat payout fee by default.
The Smartcat payout fee could be applied or not at all depending on your preferred payout method selected in My payouts section.